Thank you to everyone who made 2013 such a fantastic year! I’ve been a busy and lucky guy, I’ll tell ya.
- I starred in 2 smash hit productions of “Buddy” – one at the Chemainus Festival Theatre in BC & the New Theatre Restaurant in Kansas City.
- I premiered Mark Leiren-Young’s first one-man play, “Never Shoot a Stampede Queen” in Vancouver working with one of my favorite theatre artists, TJ Dawe, as director.
- I scored music for my first web series, the True Heroines.
- Went on 2 tours with the fantastic team at Legends of Rock & Roll – “A Rock & Roll Christmas” and a brand new, killer concept, “The Class of ’59” featuring Buddy, Jerry Lee, Bopper, Connie, Eddie, Elvis, Don & Phil.
- I went on an epic road trip across the western and southern states and I played in a handful of Phil Ochs Song Nights in the San Francisco Bay area.
2014 is already upon us and I’ve got some exciting announcements.
I’m beginning the year in America’s most populous urban centre, New York City, doing research to develop a show centred on the folk music scene in the 60s. Only to fly right back to one of Canada’s most remote and unpopulated beauties, to reprise the Stampede Queen in Haida Gwaii, Jan 31/Feb.1st)
Buddy was such a hit last year that Chemainus is bringing him back again in Feb. 11th – March 8th.
AND – the Arts Club Theatre celebrates it’s 75th Anniversary season with Red Rock Diner (June 19th – August 2nd) where I’ll be rockin’ some of the greatest songs of the 50s/60s that legendary DJ, Red Robinson spun on Vancouver’s airwaves.
Also, I’ll be teaming with my sister to help create some music for Pancake Manor – a hit online series for kids!
With plenty to look forward to I’ve also made the resolution to update this website more regularly so I can share more of my work with the people who enjoy what I do.
Thanks for reading and all the best to you in 2014!