I just want to give a quick thanks to Pete Paquette and everyone at Paquette Productions for a wonderful experience on my first tour in Ontario in several years. The photo above was shot backstage in Chatham, ON. The following three weeks will see me and the stellar cast of Class of ’59 touring Alberta and BC. Check the sidebar for ticket info and dates. Hope to see you there!*
*Please note: we are not selling any merchandise on this tour. If you are interested in purchasing a CD please visit my STORE.
I’d like to extend a big thank you to everyone who attended what I joked as an “entomologists dream line-up” – the Legends of Rock & Rock presenting a tribute concert of the Beatles AND Crickets. We played three packed venues in BC: the Mary Winspear in Sydney, the Port Theatre in Nanaimo, and the Cowichan Theatre in Duncan. The shows were very well received and we hope to reunite again for a more extensive tour sometime next year.
The Beatles are my long-time favourite band. It was a dream come true sharing the stage with the Fab Fourever. Not only was it a dream come true for me but I like to think we were living out a dream for the Beatles themselves. They were hugely inspired by Buddy but never got a chance to meet him in person. I think they would have gotten along nearly as well as we did 😉
Another dream came true for me on this tour. My dream girl, Molly Dee, made her dazzling debut performing in Canada. She lit up the stage performing highlights from Lulu and Dusty Springfield as well as forging a new act together as “the Everly Lovers”.
Next up: Molly Dee and I return along with the wild and wonderful piano talents of Lancy Lapinsky as Jerry Lee Lewis for a Rock & Roll Xmas in December. See sidebar for dates!
Thank you to everyone who made 2013 such a fantastic year! I’ve been a busy and lucky guy, I’ll tell ya.
- I starred in 2 smash hit productions of “Buddy” – one at the Chemainus Festival Theatre in BC & the New Theatre Restaurant in Kansas City.
- I premiered Mark Leiren-Young’s first one-man play, “Never Shoot a Stampede Queen” in Vancouver working with one of my favorite theatre artists, TJ Dawe, as director.
- I scored music for my first web series, the True Heroines.
- Went on 2 tours with the fantastic team at Legends of Rock & Roll – “A Rock & Roll Christmas” and a brand new, killer concept, “The Class of ’59” featuring Buddy, Jerry Lee, Bopper, Connie, Eddie, Elvis, Don & Phil.
- I went on an epic road trip across the western and southern states and I played in a handful of Phil Ochs Song Nights in the San Francisco Bay area.
2014 is already upon us and I’ve got some exciting announcements.
I’m beginning the year in America’s most populous urban centre, New York City, doing research to develop a show centred on the folk music scene in the 60s. Only to fly right back to one of Canada’s most remote and unpopulated beauties, to reprise the Stampede Queen in Haida Gwaii, Jan 31/Feb.1st)
Buddy was such a hit last year that Chemainus is bringing him back again in Feb. 11th – March 8th.
AND – the Arts Club Theatre celebrates it’s 75th Anniversary season with Red Rock Diner (June 19th – August 2nd) where I’ll be rockin’ some of the greatest songs of the 50s/60s that legendary DJ, Red Robinson spun on Vancouver’s airwaves.
Also, I’ll be teaming with my sister to help create some music for Pancake Manor – a hit online series for kids!
With plenty to look forward to I’ve also made the resolution to update this website more regularly so I can share more of my work with the people who enjoy what I do.
Thanks for reading and all the best to you in 2014!